What does a typical caseload look like?
Caseloads can vary from 1 student to 5 full school-days per week of direct online therapy. Often Speech-Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists are licensed in multiple state/provinces in order to serve more students in need of online therapy services. We match school caseloads to therapist availability to create an optimal schedule.
Will I be required to do IEP meetings, assessments, etc?
All contracts have their unique needs and requirements. We manage entire caseloads that include IEP meetings, assessments, direct therapy, and quarterly reporting. Other times we are supplementing existing school therapists with only direct therapy. Anything you might encounter in an on-site placement you can expect in an online placement.
What can’t be done through Telepractice?
We don’t put limits on what our services can be. We will find a way and look for people to join our team who are engaged and inspired to find solutions to what they once thought impossible.
Do I have to commit to a minimum number of hours per week?
There is no minimum number of hours required per week. That said, you must commit to working the same hours every week in order to help develop a relationship with your students, and preference will be given to therapists who are able to work a greater number of hours.
Can I still serve my private clients while working with TinyEYE’s caseload?
Yes, you may continue to serve any existing private clients or clients generated through an outside company.
What are the opportunities for growth?
Online therapy is growing and so is TinyEYE! We continue to have opportunities beyond direct therapy. Some of these are leadership positions, trainers, and project roles within TinyEYE. These positions and project opportunities are awarded to those who excel at their Confirmation of Excellence audits and indicate an interest in increased involvement.
How do I get paid?
All therapists are paid monthly for the previous calendar month. As a contractor, zero deductions are taken. It is the responsibility of the therapist to manage this.
Do I need liability insurance?
Yes. You will be an independent contractor working with TinyEYE students. Liability insurance is in the best interest of the therapist. There are various options for affordable insurance through your National Organizations (ASHA, SAC, NBCOT, CAOT).
Do I need to be licensed where the students are?
Yes. Every Speech-Language Pathologist and Occupational Therapist requires full and valid licensure in the state/province in which they reside, in addition to where the student is located (if different). TinyEYE therapists are required to maintain their home state/provincial licensure at their own expense. Through mutual agreement, TinyEYE will cover the cost of additional licensure as needed to serve additional caseloads.
What is the TinyEYE interview process?
Any information included in your application will be immediately available to our hiring team. As soon as there is an opportunity that matches your licensing and availability, a member of the team will contact you by phone or email to set up an interview, which will be conducted via Skype Video. The interview will take approximately one hour.
What happens after the interview? When will I know if I get a contract?
The time between your interview and a contract match will vary depending on the availability of contracts, the number of applicants being interviewed and the anticipated start date of the client. For a better idea of a time frame, please ask your interviewer.
What training will I receive with TinyEYE?
Our initial training consists of three steps:
- Self-directed training that includes reading, videos and assignments
- A one-on-one session with one of our Trainers
- Cultural Training to give you a thorough understanding of what we are all about, how we operate and how to be successful within TinyEYE!
In addition to the initial TinyEYE Training, you will receive a discounted rate to unlimited CEU courses through our partnership with an outside provider. You will also receive ongoing mentorship and support through your Primary Support Leader and the TinyEYE Team.
What kind of support will I get as a TinyEYE Therapist?
TinyEYE offers ongoing support and mentorship throughout your career! As you start with TinyEYE, you will meet each month for the first three months and then move to quarterly meetings with your Primary Support Leader. Their goal is to provide feedback and coaching to help you grow as an online therapist with TinyEYE. If you encounter technical challenges, we have a technical support team available whenever therapy is being delivered.
What hardware do I need to get started?
All you need is a high-speed internet connection, a headset with attached microphone, and a computer with a webcam. Most laptops come equipped with an internal webcam, however if you are running a desktop computer or are providing OT services, you may need to purchase an external camera.
Is there any start-up cost?
Depending on your current situation, there may be minimal start-up costs for hardware and/or insurance. Please see ‘What hardware do I need to get started?’ and ‘Do I need liability insurance?’ for more information.
What is the hourly wage or salary?
TinyEYE Speech-Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists are paid an hourly rate determined by their level of experience. We also have a program of increases based on contribution and performance.
Why should I choose TinyEYE over the competition?
- Drive top quality, innovative therapy - In areas where there is a therapist shortage or the existing therapists have overloaded caseloads, students often do not have access to the services they deserve. Through TinyEYE you can help provide support to these regions and reduce the strain on therapists who are already working with the students.
- Mentorship and Support - Receive regular, one-on-one support from your own personal TinyEYE mentor. Become part of a flourishing community of knowledgeable, experienced therapists located around the globe.
- Growth Opportunities - There is no limit to how far you can go as a TinyEYE therapist. Please see 'What are the opportunities for growth?' for more information.
- Unparalleled therapy software - Hundreds of games, fully customizable for each student. Additional tools and support based on your students' specific needs. Ability to record sessions and moments for later review. These are just a few of the many features of the software used by our therapists.
- Spend more time in therapy, and less time on 'extras' - Reduce the amount of time you are spending on traveling, lesson preparation and reporting and spend more time with the children.
- TinyEYE Culture - TinyEYE fosters an environment of trust, honesty and mutual respect. This is evident in all that we do, and resonates throughout our company culture.
- Change children's lives - As an online therapist with TinyEYE, you are able to reach students who weren't otherwise receiving therapy. We place no limits on the size or type of school, and we do not label students as 'unfit' for online therapy. This means that more children than ever are able to receive the services they deserve.