There has been extensive research conducted on the efficacy of telepractice in conducting Speech-Language Pathology and Occupational Therapy by both private and public organizations. The results are clear - done properly, telepractice is a very effective delivery research method for both speech and occupational therapy.
- Michelle K Boisvert, "An investigation of the efficacy of speech and language interventions with students with ASD using telepractice" (January 1, 2012).
- Victoria Styles, “Service users’ acceptability of videoconferencing as a form of service delivery” (March 11, 2011).
- J. Telemed Telecare, “Tele-assistance in intellectual disability” (July 1, 2007).
- Michael P. Towey, “Speech Telepractice: Installing a Speech Therapy Upgrade for the 21st Century” (Fall 2012).
- Sue Grogan-Johnson et. al, “A Pilot Investigation of Speech Sound Disorder Intervention Delivered by Telehealth to School-Age Children” (Spring 2011).
- Leora R. Cherney et. al, “Telerehabilitation, Virtual Therapists, and Acquired Neurologic Speech and Language Disorders” (July 31, 2012)
- Giang Pham, “Addressing Less Common Languages via Telepractice: A Case Example with Vietnamese” (December 2012)
- Monique C. Waite et al., “Internet-Based Telehealth Assessment of Language Using the CELF-4” (October 2010)
- Eva Baharav et al., “Using Telepractice in Parent Training in Early Autism” (July/August 2010)
- Angela Hein Ciccia et. al, “Improving the access of young urban children to speech, language and hearing screening via telehealth” (July 2011)
- K. Todd Houston et. al, “A Model of Early Intervention for Children with Hearing Loss Provided through Telepractice” (Winter 2012)
- Michelle Boisvert et. al, “Telepractice in the assessment and treatment of individuals with autism spectrum disorders: A systematic review” (2010)
- Varleisha Gibbs et. al, “Family-Centered Therapy and Telerehabilitation for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders” (October 2011)
- Gabriella A. Constantinescu et. al, “Home-based speech treatment for Parkinson's disease delivered remotely: a case report” (December 11, 2009)
- Sue Grogan-Johnson et. al, “A pilot study comparing the effectiveness of speech language therapy provided by telemedicine with conventional on-site therapy” (March 2, 2010)
- Mark Krumm et. al, “Providing basic hearing tests using remote computing technology” (2007)
- Jitske Gulmans et. al, “A web-based communication system for integrated care in cerebral palsy: design features, technical feasibility and usability” (August 24, 2010)
- Clare Guilfoyle et. al, “Preliminary experience of allied health assessments delivered face to face and by videoconference to a residential facility for elderly people” (2003)
- Dong-Keun Kim et. al, “A mobile telemedicine system for remote consultation in cases of acute stroke” (2009)
- Mark Krumm, “Audiology telemedicine” (2007)
- Victoria Styles, “Service users’ acceptability of videoconferencing as a form of service delivery”
- Deborah Kully, “Telehealth in speech pathology: applications to the treatment of stuttering” (2000)
- Pauline A. Mashima et. al, “Overview of Telehealth Activities in Speech-Language Pathology” (December 2008)
- Claude Sicotte et. al, “Feasibility and outcome evaluation of a telemedicine application in speech–language pathology” (2003)
- Deborah Theodoros et. al, “Assessment of motor speech disorders online: a pilot study” (2003)
- Susan E. Palsbo, “Equivalence of functional communication assessment in speech pathology using videoconferencing” (2007)
- Andrea Leigh Reynolds et. al, “Telehealth applications in speech-language pathology: a modified narrative review” (2009)
- De Wet Swanepoel et. al, “Intercontinental hearing assessment – a study in tele-audiology” (May 10, 2010)
- Marjon van der Pol et. al, “Costs and benefits of tele-endoscopy clinics in a remote location” (February 5, 2010)
- Emmanuelle Careau et. al “Assessing interprofessional teamwork in a videoconference-based telerehabilitation setting” (2008)
- Deborah Viviane Ferrari et al, “Remote probe microphone measurement to verify hearing aid performance”, (2009)
- Mark Krumm et. al “Telemedicine for audiology screening of infants”, (2008)
- Anthony C. Smith et. al “Accuracy of pre-recorded video images for the assessment of rural indigenous children with ear, nose and throat conditions” (November 1, 2006)